Gender selection is done via PGD (Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis). PGD is the genetic analysis study which determines the gender of the embryos produced via the IVF treatment method. Gender selection allows couples to build a family of their dreams with baby girls and baby boys.
The genetic analyses is preferred as the success rate is up to 100%.
There are basic steps for the gender selection:
– medical consultation and detailed medical assessments (blood tests, hormon tests etc) of the couple,
– medication treatment is applied to prepare the mother candidate for the procedure in order to achieve egg development,
– the treatment continues by stimulating the ovaries for 7 to 10 days with abdominal injections,
– egg collection and microinjection (ICSI) to be done. After the eggs are collected for fertilisation, the father’s sperm are also being collected. Egg collection is done under general anaesthesia. 35 hours after the final injection collected healthy eggs are fertilised by injecting the father’s sperm inside each egg, using the microinjection method.,
– three days after this fertilisation, a biopsy is performed on all the embryos,
– the gender of all the embryos is determined,
– the good quality embryos are transferred to the mother’s uterus for pregnancy